Classes begin quarterly in Cleveland
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 Weeks
Big data needs big protection.
With organizations becoming increasingly reliant on vast data collections, and with the accelerating rate of data generation, there is a growing demand for professionals who will help secure that data. In the last two years, 90 percent of the world’s data came into existence.*
Case Western Reserve University Cybersecurity Boot Camp in Cleveland is a challenging, 24-week, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to help you attain proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security.
As a student in the program you will:
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skill set and maintain your work schedule through convenient evening and weekend classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
If you are eager to become a digital defender and learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes, or if any of the below describe you, enrolling in this program could help put you on the path to achieving your goals:
- You are currently working in a technical field and want to expand your cyber knowledge, better understand how to keep data secure, and learn hands-on skills to apply on the job.
- You are a part of a company that has urgent cybersecurity needs to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data and software.
- You understand the growing need for cybersecurity professionals and want to become a part of making the internet a safer space.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to start your career in tech and get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires knowledge about security, and experience applying that knowledge to real-life situations.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At CWRU Cybersecurity Boot Camp in Cleveland, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You will learn from skilled instructors and gain experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you will gain the confidence you need to define your role in cybersecurity.
The CWRU Cybersecurity Boot Camp curriculum* will provide the foundational skills for cyber and network security, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Security
Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Web Vulnerabilities and Security
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
Programming and Scripting:
- Bash Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
When you complete the Case Western Reserve University Cybersecurity Boot Camp, you will know how to:
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities
- Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud, and investigate cloud security risks
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
- Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks