Classes begin quarterly in Cleveland
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 Weeks
Big data needs big protection.
With organizations becoming increasingly reliant on vast data collections, and with the accelerating rate of data generation (90 percent of the world’s data was created in only the last two years*), there is growing demand for professionals who will help secure that data.
Case Western Reserve University Cybersecurity Boot Camp in Cleveland is a challenging, 24-week, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to help you attain proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security.
As a student in the program you will:
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Network+.
- Advance your skill set and maintain your work schedule through convenient evening and weekend classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
- If your career objectives include expanding your skills to move into a cyber security role, or if any of the situations outlined below describes you, consider enrolling in the Case Western Reserve Cybersecurity Boot Camp.
- You are a web developer, network administrator, help desk technician or other technical professional who wants to better understand how to keep data secure.
- You are a manager in a company whose revenue depends on the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client data.
- You are looking to move into Cybersecurity from a technical field, like systems administration.
- You are enthusiastic about technology with plans to transition to a career in networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires knowledge about security, and experience applying that knowledge to real-life situations. When you complete the rigorous CWRU Cybersecurity boot camp, you will know the tools and technologies vetted by cybersecurity industry practitioners. You will also learn the skills applicable to certifications expected of all security professionals.
At CWRU Cybersecurity Boot Camp in Cleveland, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You will learn from skilled instructors and gain experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you will gain the confidence you need to define your role in cybersecurity.
The CWRU Cybersecurity Boot Camp in Cleveland curriculum* will provide the foundational skills for cyber and network security, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Router and Switch Configuration
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Web Technology Architecture and Security
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
Programming and Scripting:
- Python Programming
- Bash Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
When you complete the Case Western Reserve University Cybersecurity program, you will know how to:
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
- Analyze malware to identify its origin and purpose, and determine methods for uninstalling it
- Perform Python programming along with Bash and scripting
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities